One of the biggest questions residents have when considering a Life Plan Community* is what conveniences and perks will be included in the monthly service package.
While each community will have specific entrance fee and contract options, most communities also require a monthly service package that is designed to offer maximum quality of life conveniences. A one-time entrance fee typically covers the costs of housing and future health care needs, while the monthly service package covers the costs of utilities, taxes, regularly occurring services and campus amenities.
What personal services are included in the Monthly Service Package?
The monthly service package incorporates an impressive array of life-enhancing services, including:
- A flexible dining program that allows you choose whether you want to cook or be served
- Delicious, chef-prepared meals and snacks to choose from—including Sunday brunch—served in formal and casual settings
- Advanced technology that includes a dedicated app for requesting services
- Bi-weekly housekeeping services
- Weekly linen service
- Interior and exterior home maintenance
- Scheduled transportation
- Personal medical appointment transportation
- Security and emergency alert system
- All utilities
What campus amenities are included in the monthly service package?
A community lifestyle means having convenient access to a long list of amenities, and Fountaingate Gardens offers a whole host of features for our future residents, including:
- Restaurant choices, including a high-end restaurant and a casual bistro
- Campus-wide WiFi
- Arts center
- Fitness center with resistance and aerobic equipment
- Heated, indoor saltwater pool with water fitness classes and hydrotherapy
- Group fitness classroom
- Multi-purpose room with comfortable seating and professional audio and projection systems
- Wellness center with an on-duty nurse practitioner
- Extensive library, with printed, electronic and audio books, movies, computer stations and e-reader devices
- Salon and spa for hairstyling, manicures, pedicures and massage therapy
- Market Place
- Personal storage lockers
- Vibrant arts and cultural education programs
- Day trips and excursions
- A wide variety of clubs and activities, including theater, art, photography and more
- Access to regional lifelong learning programs, plus on-site educational programs
- A sparkling winding brook
- Landscaped grounds with gardens, walking paths and fitness stations
- A gathering area for cookouts and events
- Suffolk Y JCC within walking distance
How does the monthly package compare to my current costs?
When compared to the bills you currently pay, a monthly service package is usually an excellent value. Consider your current monthly costs including utilities, food, house maintenance, transportation, taxes and more. Do you pay additionally for home security, a gym membership, housekeeping services or educational programs?
After an honest assessment of current expenses, many people find that their existing monthly bills are often greater than the monthly service package in a Life Plan Community. That said, we understand that it can be hard to visualize this value; if you’d like to see an example comparison, we shared a sample breakdown of Fountaingate Gardens’ pricing, so you can see real numbers and get an idea of the value that comes with the monthly service package. Or, call one of our sales counselors to schedule a personal appointment to review a cost comparison spreadsheet customized just for you!
To learn more about what it’s like to live at a Life Plan Community like Fountaingate Gardens, give us a call today at 631-715-2693.
*also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community or CCRC