Meet Your Lifestyle Consultants
Meet the Fountaingate Gardens Team
You can make the most of independent living on Long Island through amenities such as:
- Beautifully, landscaped grounds with gardens, walking paths and fitness stations
- A fully-stocked, natural winding brook with relaxing waterfall feature
- A gathering area for cookouts and events
- Restaurant choices, including a formal restaurant and a casual bistro
- Arts center
- State-of-the-art fitness center with resistance and aerobic equipment
- Heated, indoor saltwater pool
- Group fitness classroom
- Wellness center
- Multi-purpose room with comfortable seating, professional audio, and projection systems
- Extensive library, with printed, electronic and audio books, movies, computer stations and e-reader devices
- Salon and spa for hairstyling, manicures, pedicures and massage therapy
- Grab and go marketplace
- Relaxing social pub
- Outdoor patio with firepit feature for al fresco lounging
- Suffolk Y JCC within walking distance
Enrich body, mind, and spirit with opportunities to nurture your passions, broaden your horizons and enhance your overall wellness with activities like:
- A vibrant arts and cultural education program
- Water fitness classes and hydrotherapy
- Aerobic fitness classes and resistance training
- Day trips and excursions
- A wide variety of clubs and activities, including theater, art, photography and more
- Access to regional lifelong learning programs, plus on-site educational programs
Long Island Independent Living FAQs
Independent living supports your vision for retirement through a senior-friendly campus that includes deluxe apartments and key amenities. Typically, independent living includes on-site meals, housekeeping, home maintenance, and other convenient services, so you can focus on your goals and interests. In addition, you have opportunities to pursue hobbies and lifelong learning through options such as a fitness center, walking paths, art center, library, spa, and more.
The average age of independent living residents varies greatly, depending on the community. Some will choose to take advantage of a community starting at around 65, while others will move to a community closer to 75 or 80. As a Life Plan Community, Fountaingate Gardens has a minimum age requirement of 62 years.
At Fountaingate Gardens, we believe your circle of family and friends includes your pet. We allow for live-in pets, so you can enjoy spending time with your furry friend.
Independent living offers onsite services to make daily living convenient and amenities that let residents pursue their interests. In contrast, assisted living provides the additional service of daily help with tasks such as bathing, dressing, eating, and more. Often assisted living residents will receive this help at certain intervals of the day, but otherwise spend their time freely on campus.
Maybe you’re ready to travel but feel tied down by home maintenance. Perhaps you’re ready to be a part of a large and active community. Or maybe you just want to live a simplified life where all the services and amenities you need are virtually at your fingertips.
If this sounds like you, independent living might be right for you. Independent living can boost your quality of life, no matter what stage of retirement you’re in. Here, you have the freedom and support to pursue lifelong interests. You’ll also have access to a range of medical services in case your health needs change.
Planning a future of independent living on Long Island can free up your time to focus on yourself and let you enjoy every moment of your retirement.